Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Been away for a while....

Yes, it's been a while since I've added to my blog. Since then, I have finished knitting Giselle, but I'm not really happy with it. I overestimated on the sleeve length so I have to go back and fix that problem. Luckily I know how to do that thanks to Claudia at Countrywool. I had to do the same to one of DH's sweaters so now I'm fearless about ripping out knitting and putting the sleeves back together the way they should.

Now I'm working on Inishmore again and have successfully finished the front of the sweater. I happen to be have a major difficulty with the sweater now because I don't think I'll have enough of the Rowan Magpie Aran to finish it up. I wrote up my dilemma on Knitter's Review and one person came up with the idea of seeing if anyone on Ravelry had any in their stash. I took a look and sure enough, some people did. I even emailed a woman in Norway to see if she still had the yarn in her stash! I'm pretty desperate. Apparently, Rowan has come out with a yarn that allegedly is alot like Magpie called Pure Wool Aran. It looks like they have the color I want (Misty which in Rowanspeak is light grey). Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a single yarn shop in my area which carries it. I hesitate to order any since I don't know if the colors truly match. I'm not really sure what to do and I would really like to finish the sweater. DH has been extremely patient with me. I think he's been waiting for almost 2 years for me to finish. Of course, my tendinitis certainly did not help the situation. The sweater is heavily cabled so I couldn't work on it for long stretches (which I know I shouldn't do anyway!) without feeling a little pain in my elbow where the scar from the operation is. Oh well. If push comes to shove and I can't find any Magpie Aran, I guess I'll just have to turn Inishmore into a vest. I REALLY don't want to have to do that. I think it would be a crime.

No comments: