Thursday, August 24, 2006

So, I've decided to start this again. I got rid of the other blog. Let's see if this is any more successful.
I've been knitting Elizabeth I with the Tudor Roses Knitalong. I'm mostly pleased with what's been coming off the needles, but there are a few rows that I'm not pleased with. I'm fervently hoping that it all comes together when I have to block the sweater. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Matt asked me if I was telling about the trip to Maine we recently took. Needless to say, I had staked out some yarn shops (managed to visit 3) bought some Bartlett in a denim-y shade of blue. I saw an Elisabeth Lavold pattern for a cabled sweater and decided I really had to have it so I got the yarn and ended up getting the book she wrote about Viking designs. Incidentally, I got my stash addition at Halcyon Yarn in the picturesque town of Bath. It's a great place, worth the trip.
I guess that's it for now.

No comments: