Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tendonitis Stinks!

Yesterday I had to go and get myself an elbow brace because it hurts like hell.  My elbow, that is.  About 2-3 months ago it started to bother me enough that I had to put my knitting down and rest the arm.  Since then, I haven’t been able to do much knitting which is truly a PITA.  I’m just about going crazy at home and I find myself reading a lot and I mean A LOT.  Because of this, I have gotten it in my head that maybe I could try my hand at writing.  No, not anything to do with knitting, nothing like that.  I’ve been reading historical novels and since then I’ve realized I’ve had misconceptions about individuals who write these kinds of novels.  I really shouldn’t.   It involves research, time, and dedication, not to mention a good amount of creativity and intelligence.   I thought that if they could do it maybe so can I.  At least I think I can.  It may never amount to anything but who knows.  Maybe somebody will like it.  
     Aside from these things, yesterday I went to a new yarn shop, well, at least it’s new to me.  It’s called the Rainbow Sheep Shoppe and it’s a very nice store.  The owner was friendly and quite helpful, not to mention she had a lovely selection of yarns, many things that I like such as Bartlett yarns, Harrisville, Cottage Craft.  I will definitely be going there again.  She only opens after 5pm since she has a regular daytime job.  She’s also closer than some of the other shops I frequent.  She doesn’t have the variety of wools that Countrywool has, but still, it would be worth the visit.  As they say, it’s important to support the local yarn shops.  

No comments: