Sunday, June 24, 2007

I haven’t written in a while (No Duhh!).

I completely frogged Liz I and will be doing that in the distant future, the waaaaay distant future.

My elbow is still bugging me but since I last posted, I’ve had to go to the orthopedist (a little young guy, probably about my age) and have received 2 cortisone shots. The first one worked and I got some occupational therapy sessions. It was temporary because the day after my birthday (eww, I’m 39 now), I went back to the little dr. and he gave me another shot. It feels better and I’m back at the OT sessions with Barbara. She’s really very good and knows what she’s doing! Finally, someone who knows their business! Sorry, I’m in a really icky mood today. I’m feeling like poopy since I’ve got a chest cold and my sinuses are all clogged up. I think I’ll be talking to a dr. tomorrow. Aaah, antibiotics, here I come!

On a professional life note, it looks as if I’ll be doing the chiropractor thing. Mike is being really generous and has offered me a partnership! He’s such a good guy. I hope his girlfriend appreciates him.

As far as knitting is concerned, I’m presently making socks. They are from “Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave”. I’m working on Embossed Leaf Socks with knit picks memories in a purple-yellow- green combo. I don’t know the name of the combination and apparently Knit Picks has run out of it. Oh well, I don’t think I’ll need anymore of it anyway. I finished one sock and I’m about 2/3 done on the other. After that I’m going to work on Annie Modesitt’s Red Carpet Convertible top/dress. I’m going to make the top. It’s originally made with a 100% silk ribbon but when I went to look at the price, I almost had palpitations! It’s about $33 for one ball which is 160 yards, more or less. So, I’m substituting with Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon which was “only” $9.95. I think I’m going to need more though. I have 13 hanks but the yardage is about 90. Oh well. I’d like to have it done before “summer Christmas” but I don’t think that will happen. Only time will tell. Until next time…

No comments: