Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sweater for the New Year

The other day I received my order of KnitPicks yarn so that I could knit the Autumn Rose sweater. I chose the blue colorway since they did not have a purple one. I could probably make it up but I just don't feel like thinking about it.
Here is the colorway:



Isn't that just lovely? I've always like the combination of blues and greens and 2 shades of brown are thrown into that. It's just great.

Unfortunately the people at KnitPicks do not supply charts for all the different colorways they have made up. Therefore if you want to knit this sweater just as they have it, you have to make it up yourself or scour the net to see if someone else has done the work for you. Can I just say there are many intrepid dedicated knitters out there who sacrifice their time doing that! As I've been searching through the many blogs and websites for charts I have come across so many variations of color for this one sweater. It's wonderful to see so many creative women out there.

My annoyance at KnitPicks was starting to increase when I realized that they probably don't supply the chart that goes with the colorways they suggest because they want their customers to get their creative juices flowing and see what they come up with. It's either that or there is some kind of copyright law I'm not privy to and that is why they don't supply the charts.

Anyway, I found a color combination that will work for me. Stacey of Stacey's Stash has her colors listed on her blog and her substitutions. I will be working with those to see if they work for me. I think they will.

No comments: