Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, it's a brand new year. New hopes, dreams, wishes,etc. and a revision of last year's resolutions.
As for myself, my major resolution is the one that many other people make this time of year...losing weight. I haven't looked "normal" since I was in college and that was almost 20 years ago. Which brings up another landmark in my life; I'm going to be 40 this year and oh boy, I am sooo not psychologically ready for this one. Although I do have a few more months to wrap my mind around this concept, I don't think it will truly sink in until it actually happens. Stay tuned...

Of course, there are other things I'd like to set up as resolutions. Becoming a better wife/mother/sister/and friend to myself is one. Another one is to be happy. I am one of those wonderful people on whom you can rely on to point out the bleaker things in life, aka, a pessimist. It makes perfect sense to me! Why hope that only the best and positive things happen in life and be dissapointed when they don't when you can just as easily believe that things won't turn out the best way and then when they do you have a reason to jump for joy? I know, some people will roll their eyes and close their ears ( if that were physically possible) and shug off my attitude. Well, that's my attitude and I'm sticking to it.

I've added a different quiz result which is now below the Which Jane Austen character are you?quiz. I happen to really like JR Ward's Brothers of the Black Daggerhood books. The whole concept is so out of the realm of reality that you can't help but be pulled into the stories. I know she's got another book coming out this year and I'm really looking forward to it. So I just had to take the quiz and those are my results. (a wolf whistle heard in the background) What results!!!

Ahem...Oh, I'm sorry, is this a knitting blog? Yes, I believe it is. I still have The Very Thought of Him on the needles, but at least I'm practically at the end. I just have to finish the right side, the collar, and sew the thing together. Maybe I'll actually put a picture on the blog. Wouldn't that just beat all? Now, if I could just finish my DH's Inishmore....

No comments: