Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Finally Happened! Pictures!



Yes, it's true...there are finally pictures on my blog about knitting. I finished the Very Thought of Him sweater yesterday. I had to modify the collar since I didn't like the way it turned out when I followed the pattern directions. My collar sits on the front shoulders at a lower point than the original, which seems to almost to point out to the sides.



I wish this pic was sharper, so the details can be shown. The tips of my collar point down while the originals points out toward the arm.
You can't see it but the sleeves are quite long on me but I think it's supposed to be that way. I have to roll it up and there's about 5 in. of material doubled back. I have not blocked it yet and although I normally do block everything I knit, I won't with this. It's a mistake stitch rib and the last thing I want is ruin that aspect of the sweater. I also learned a few days ago that mistake rib stitch has a tendency to stretch out and stay that way. Although I did make it out of 100% wool, (Jo Sharp Classic DK Wool Heather Yarn color 912) and wool does have that wonderful ability to bounce back to its original shape, I fear that this sweater will continue to get longer and longer on me. It is very warm and comfortable and not scratchy at all.

I have in the works another sweater I want to make. It's a fair isle pullover sweater and just the other day my box of yarn came home all the way from Washington state. It will be the first time I'm using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. Isn't that a pretty sweater?

It was designed by Louisa Harding and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to knit it. The pattern is from Modern Classics. In the book, the sweater is black, not this lovely amethyst color and the fair isle color work is not very exciting IMHO. The only problem is the largest size is 42" and I just a wee bit larger than that. Luckily I can whip out my trusty Sweater Wizard software (thank you Carole Wulster!) and change measurements so that it fits my voluptuous self. In doing this I have discovered that I will need a few more balls of yarn, maybe 2.
The one thing that bothers me is that although on Knit Picks' website it gives a choice of sizes, the larger sizes are not listed in the pattern book. I'm very glad that I'm able to use the SW program (finally!).

Now, for my next trick, I think I'll work on DH's Inishmore. It's about time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the DH I must say that my voluptuous Gorgeous DW is truely amazing! This latest creation looks terrific! Keep up the GREAT work, I'm thilled you finally made something for YOUrself. Love Ya! xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox