Monday, January 28, 2008

Inishmore and Knit Picks sweater

Since the camera is so readily accessable I thought I would go out on a limb and actually post 2 days in a row and post some pictures. It's sort of an update to yesterday's post.

So here is DH's Inishmore:


Now that I think about it, I would say it's 2/3 of the way done. This is the front since I've already knit up the back and it looks pretty much the same way. I really love working with the yarn, Rowan's discontinued Magpie Aran. It's a shame they didn't keep this yarn in their list of current yarns. IMHO it's easy on the hands and just knits up wonderfully. The cables just pop. I made an Inishmore for myself out of Magpie, a cream color, and I had the opportunity to wear it this weekend. DS #1 had a Cub Scout happening this weekend past and we were outside the whole time. I didn't feel cold at all.

Here is the Knit Picks sweater:



I know it looks kind of funny but I took this picture after I had divided the back and front; the circular needle I'm using hasn't been used in about a zillion years so it wants to stay as its coiled self. In any case, so far I am pleased with the way it's turning out. I don't get much of an opportunity to do Fair Isle work so this is a treat for me. I think it's really facinating how just by mixing colors and creating a pattern it comes together into something that is pleasing to the eye. Hopefully I'll be finished with it before the end of this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the DH I am simply thrilled with the progress on my latest favorite creation of yours! What can I say my DW you rock! What amazing love, devotion, craftladyship and love you call into being with those needles of yours! Truly amazing!